“Setting up 82%” Error in Windows 8.1 Update : If you run Windows 8 on your PC/Laptop chances are you have came across a message asking you to update your PC/Laptop to a latest version of Windows 10 or Windows 8.1. To Update your laptop you need to go to Windows store and Download the Latest Version of Windows 8.1. After the download is done, your PC/Laptop will restart and the setup begins.
Sometimes, when the Windows 8.1 setup is going on, it might freeze at 82% giving the following message “Setting up 82%” which simply means the setup is stuck at 82%. Don’t worry, this is normal, just follow the below steps to solve it.
Here’s how to solve Setting up at 82% Error
- If you are using a Laptop, Plug your Laptop Charger
- Wait for few minutes to see if that’s working.
- After 5 Minutes, If it’s not working then remove the Laptop Charger
- Wait for 5 more minutes in order for it to take effect.
- Now, you will see your setup will move forward from 82% to 100% in no time.
After the setup is done, the computer/laptop might freeze at Getting started for 5 Minutes, Just Press SPACE BAR for 5 times and it’ll start working in no time.